How Do I Remove Water from My Redwood Livingroom and Kitchen Floors?
SERVPRO Restoration Specialists Remove Water from Your Redwood City Home
After a water leak in your Redwood City home, it is crucial to remove the excess standing water and moisture from the air right after you make sure you stop the leak at the source. If excess moisture is left unattended, severe secondary damage such as mold growth or damp sheetrock may occur.
What Types of Equipment Remove Water?
SERVPRO Technicians Use Appropriate Techniques with State-of-the-Art Equipment to Remove Water
Technicians use extraction equipment, air movers, and dehumidifiers for water removal in your Redwood City home. It is not enough to simply remove water with a shop vac since moisture can impact the humidity levels in the air, potentially causing further damage to your home.
What Does a Portable Extractor Do?
- Used for removing water from all types of flooring and upholstery when needed.
- Sometimes worn as a backpack, sometimes used as a floor rover.
- Heated option to allow for more effective cleaning.
- Pressure control allows for control over the agitation used to clean the surface.
- Vacuum system to suck up excess water.
- Waste Tank of up to approximately 12 gallons in larger units to hold dirty water.
Our IICRC specialists use a variety of equipment that best suits your situation. They may use portable extraction equipment in conjunction with truck-mounted equipment if there are more than two inches of standing water. Portable extractors can easily reach into places that larger equipment misses. After technicians remove the water, they use dehumidifying equipment to pull moisture out of the air and air movers to then blow warm air over impacted surfaces.
If you experience a leak, contact SERVPRO of Belmont / San Carlos 24/7 at (650) 591-4127. We're Faster To Any Size Disaster.
To find out more about Redwood City, click here.