Who Can Help with My Flooded San Francisco Garden Level Living and Storage Areas?
Storm damage in your San Francisco home? Don’t let moisture take over, call SERVPRO right away.
Fast Water Removal and Structural Drying Are SERVPRO Specialties, Responsive to Flood Damage in Residential Walk-Out Lower Levels
Housing in San Francisco often features walkouts to backyard gardens or front door courtyards. We make the most of the footprint of our homes, building up while also inviting the outdoors inside on the street-level. This construction style can protect upper levels from storm-related flooding but exposes utility and storage areas, family rooms, and additional sleeping areas to storm damage risks.
What Should I Do While Waiting for Help?
When heavy rains cause water to rise inside your San Francisco home, flood damage causes safety risks as well as damage to structures. Appliances located on the lowest level can short out electronics and rust their metal components. You must shut down circuit breakers in flooded areas. Check storage, including tuck-under garages, to raise boxes, tools, and more above the flood line. Keep refrigerators or freezers closed until help arrives to seal out water and avoid spoilage. Remove piles of laundry and throw rugs.
What Are the Work Crew’s Focuses?
When the SERVPRO team arrives, we have three primary concerns. Our crew chief first inspects your space to manage safety issues and then devise a plan. As soon as the area is determined safe to enter, our employees follow up with the final two broad goals:
Aggressive Water Extraction and Disposal
- Placement of submersible pumps for water deeper than two inches
- Employment of truck-mounted extractors for the bulk of the remaining standing water
- Use of portable extractors for confined spaces holding water
- Containment of the water extracted and disposal according to local regulation
- Moisture detection and metering to gather baseline data for drying goals (including measurement of moisture levels in “dry” areas of the home for comparison)
- Calculation of the positioning and number needed of drying equipment for efficacious drying based on flood damage restoration best practices
- Drying structural components and fixtures, with periodic monitoring, using:
- Air movers
The fast response and professionalism of SERVPRO of Belmont / San Carlos deliver successful flood damage restoration results. Call us at (650) 591-4137 to schedule a speedy assessment and implementation of a workable recovery plan.
Want to see more about San Francisco?
How Can I Be Sure that Water Damage in My Home is Removed?
Did you notice a leak in your home from a winter rain? Call SERVPRO in Redwood City to mitigate your problem.
Count on SERVPRO When You Need Water Extraction from Your Redwood City Home
Redwood City's dry, sunny summers allow homeowners to detect water damage from winter rain and snow. The December - February rainy season could have caused roof or gutter leaks to drip water stealthily through the ceiling down interior sheetrock walls. Visible plus invisible water damage indicates an expert in water remediation, and removal, like SERVPRO, is needed.
How Else Do I Know That I Need Help Correcting and Preventing Water Damage?
As you gaze at the ceiling stains and water damage to your Redwood City home, you also notice a few grayish and black flecks in the water discolorations on the walls. This stirs you to action. What if the water damage has sneakily spread and grown mold inside the wall? Your 2020 experience with COVID-19 has altered and upgraded your expectations to a higher standard of clean and water damage restoration. A national company like SERVPRO, whose local franchise employs certified technicians, is equipped to remediate and repair the water damage to the walls and ceiling resulting from slow leaks and surface microorganisms.
What Equipment and Methods Will Certified Technicians Use to Eliminate Water Damage and Restore My Home?
Our local franchise can send IICRC Certified Technicians to scope visible and hidden water intrusions in the structure. These trusted professionals use advanced equipment to identify and classify the extent of water damage and to ensure its restoration to the highest industry standards. Some tools for detecting and correcting the breadth of damage include the following:
- moisture sensors
- moisture meters
- HEPA filtered wet vacs and air scrubbers
Walls are inspected and carpets are examined. Dehumidifiers and deodorizers are typically placed to maximize the drying time and eliminate foul smells. The rapid response time is always matched with excellent customer service that adheres to cleaning and decontamination standards. We are Certified SERVPRO Cleaned.
SERVPRO of Belmont/San Carlos is available 24/7 to mitigate water damage to your home. Contact us at (650) 591-4137 for help.
Who Can I Call to Help with Flooding in My San Francisco Home?
Regardless whether flooding started inside or outside of your home, team SERVPRO can help. Contact us 24/7 365 days a year.
SERVPRO Expertly Addresses Flood Damage from a Storm to Restore your San Francisco Home to Pre-Loss Condition
Whenever rainy, stormy weather makes its way throughout the San Francisco area, it can leave a certain level of damage behind. If your home is in a zone prone to flooding, you need to have a plan of action for cleanup should an emergency develop. SERVPRO is available whenever you need us to restore your home to preloss condition, which includes making sure that your structure is sound. We’re Faster To Any Size Disaster and have crews standing by for 24/7 emergency service.
Why Choose SERVPRO Over Another Restoration Company?
There are several reasons why we believe it is better to call on us for flood damage in San Francisco. This includes:
- We work diligently to complete your San Francisco flood damage project. Most of our crew members are certified in safety and health as well as applied structural drying, odor control, water damage restoration, and applied microbial remediation.
- SERVPRO technicians have received certification through the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC), so you can count on us to complete the job correctly the first time, every time.
- We have a disaster recovery team available to address a significant flood loss event on your property.
- Our Green Fleet comes with vehicles equipped with the latest technology and equipment to handle any size job.
- A sampling of the tools that we bring to each flood damage project includes wet vacuums, submersible pumps, extractors, thermos hygrometers, moisture sensors, and moisture meters. We have a variety of dehumidifiers, centrifugal air movers, high-tech foggers, disinfectants, powerful fungicides, and more.
Our talented workforce and access to the best industry equipment make us the number one choice when a storm leaves you with flooding. The quick and precise way we respond to a flood loss situation can save you both time and money.
What Happens Once I Call SERVPRO for Flood Restoration?
We have a proven process involving several steps to address flood loss. Once we arrive on the scene, we inspect the loss zone to assess the damage and formulate a plan of action. This allows the team to select the right equipment and how many units we need to perform the most efficient water removal and drying endeavors. Our crew chief also inspects your building to ensure your structure is sound and pinpoints any areas where water may have migrated. We are experts in the field of water disposal, home interior drying, microorganism elimination, and sanitation. The steps generally followed when handling flood loss includes:
- Determination of the level of water damage in your home
- If necessary, securing your home to prevent further damage or intrusion from trespassers
- Removal of all standing floodwater
- Careful removal of debris, fallen trees, and any hazardous waste the storm left behind on your property
- Dry the interior of your home until it reaches our drying standards
- Utilization of EPA-registered fungicides and disinfectants that inhibit microorganism growth
- Full disinfection and sanitation, which helps to remove any unwanted foul odors from floodwaters
All of these actions help to restore your interior to preloss condition so that it is “Like it never even happened.”
Is Safety an Issue During Restoration?
Floodwaters often bring contamination, so we have a list of safety measures, including:
- Our team wears personal protection equipment (PPE)
- We ensure electricity gets shut off to any affected areas of your home
- Our crew ensures that the flood zone is closed off from the remainder of your home
- We remain mindful of any potential hazards, including damaged structural elements
- Repair of any penetration points to help lessen water migration
How Do You Handle Saturated Areas of My Home?
Flooding is a severe issue if not addressed promptly, so our team has access to a broad range of water extraction equipment. We get to work using high-powered pumps and truck-mounted extractors that not only pull up hundreds to thousands of gallons of water but also floodwater containing debris.
What Happens if I Wait Too Long to Call for Restoration Help?
The longer that you wait once water infiltrates your home, the more damage takes hold. Some common issues homeowners see after a flood loss event include:
- The loss of carpeting and carpet padding below due to full saturation with contaminated flood water
- Sheetrock that is damaged from water wicking, calling for controlled demolition with flood cuts or complete replacement
- Tile flooring can fully delaminate in the water loss zone
- Hardwood flooring that buckles and warps
With any flood damage project, sanitation and deodorization are critical. You can count on SERVPRO of Belmont/San Carlos to ensure your interior is clean and safe from contaminants. Call us 24/7 for emergency service at (650) 591-4137, and we deploy a crew as quickly as possible.
How Do You Know When My House Is Dry After Conducting Water Damage Repair?
No matter when you make the call, we have technicians who can assist you.
SERVPRO Can Use Various Types of Tools To Test for Moisture Content in Your Redwood City Home
After you suffer from a water leak in one of the pipes inside your Redwood City house, our SERVPRO technicians can inspect your entire structure for the presence of moisture. Once we determine what items got wet, we can then conduct extraction and drying procedures to dry them out.
How do you figure out which items got wet?
During our initial inspection before we begin water damage repair inside your Redwood City home, we use moisture sensors and meters to determine which structural components got affected. We can use moisture sensors to detect the presence of H2O in your carpets. We can also use penetrating and non-penetrating moisture meters to find the moisture content in building materials such as wood studs and drywall.
How can you tell how wet my drywall and studs in my house got?
As a part of our inspection process, we take measurements of several different materials in your structure. We can take several readings of areas in your home that we know got affected and rooms that did not get wet. By comparing the two moisture content numbers, we can then see how wet an item got. The moisture content reading of the unaffected areas in your house also serves as a drying goal.
How do you tell if the drying procedures are working?
Monitor the drying process- We can return to your home each day that we have drying equipment set up to make sure that your affected building materials and contents are drying. We can take moisture readings each day to figure out if the drying efforts are working how they should.
Ensure the equipment is working properly- We make sure all of our drying equipment is working properly each day until the drying goal is met.
Document the drying process- Each day we take readings, we document the numbers so that we can see the progress over time and show it to you the homeowner.
If a pipe in your house Foster City or surrounding areas ever leaks, call SERVPRO of Belmont / San Carlos at (650) 591-4137 24/7.
Want to see more about Redwood City?
How Do I Stop a Burst Pipe From Causing Damage in Redwood City?
Make sure to react quickly when a burst pipe causes water damage in your home. We are available 24/7 for emergencies.
Residents Use Professional Water Removal Services in Redwood City for Pipe Bursts
Temperature changes can cause pipes in your home to expand or contract throughout the year. In older residential properties, pipes can burst or split as a result of the expansion. Burst pipes are a nightmare for Redwood City residents who can see as much as four hundred gallons per hour (GPH) of clean water entering their home. Stopping water to the pipe is essential to stemming the flood of water, but, likely, you may also need professional assistance to pump and extract the existing damage from your home.
What tools do I need for water removal?
- Submersible electric-powered pumps
How can I prevent standing water from spreading?
Water naturally migrates from wet areas to drier areas. Water migration can be a massive problem in a clean water emergency in Redwood City because more and more of your home is exposed to water. Stemming the flow of water to other areas of the home may be as simple as shutting doors and placing towels at the hems. Our technicians can bring heavy duty sandbags to the property, which not only absorbs moisture but can also prevent water from migrating into wall cavities. Strategically placing sandbags can isolate the water emergency to a specific area, which, in turn, leads to a more efficient drying process.
What is the fastest method of removing water from a property?
Water extractors are up to 1,100 times more effective at removing water from home than dehumidification; thus, electric submersible pumps are still more efficient. Our truck-mounted water extractors can remove up to 100 gallons of water without needing to empty. Using a wide berth hose, we can enter residential properties and extract moisture from carpeting and floors quickly. In tenement buildings, it may be more effective to use portable extractors, which, while still efficient, have a limitation of around ten to twenty gallons before they need emptying.
Get rid of water from your home, contact SERVPRO of Belmont / San Carlos at (650) 591-4137.
Click here for more information about Redwood City.
What is the Fastest, Most Effective Way to Remediate Flood Damage in Redwood City?
“Like it never even happened.”
The Best Means of Handling Flood Damage, if You Are Unable to Prevent It, is to Enlist the Aid of Good Remediation Experts.
Although Redwood City is sunnier than many other American cities, it does experience a distinct rainy season. This season generally occurs over the winter months, between December and March, and is the time when flooding becomes much more likely. It is crucial to properly prepare for and quickly address any flood damage when it occurs because, not only does this often make dealing with the issue much easier, it generally reduces overall repair costs. Limiting repair expenses is essential in our area since material and service costs are usually well above national averages here. Instead of simply replacing everything, companies like SERVPRO first attempt to restore existing materials. This policy helps them quickly restore flood damage while limiting expenses.
What Makes SERVPRO One of the Best Flood Damage Mitigation and Restoration Companies in Redwood City?
Finding the best mitigation and remediation company to deal with your flood damage in Redwood City is essential. There are several reasons why SERVPRO is one of the most effective of these services in our region. Some of these reasons are:
• Our company is expertly managed by a CEO with over twenty years of industry experience and more than ten master certifications by the Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC).
• This franchise has operated for well over ten years, is one of the largest in the U.S., is IICRC-certified, and has received numerous glowing testimonials from pleased customers.
• We are one of a limited number of certified biohazard cleanup companies in California.
• Company technicians are specifically certified in water damage restoration and applied structural drying.
• Our large cleaning facility is centrally-located, allowing us to more quickly service both the San Francisco Peninsula and East Bay area.
• We have state-of-the-art equipment, like truck-mounted extractors, moisture sensors/meters, infrared cameras, thermohygrometers, dehumidifiers, injectidry systems, and advanced foggers, that can effectively remedy even the worst damage.
SERVPRO, with all of its extensive resources, is often the local service best able to successfully handle your flood damage. Moreover, we do our work efficiently, with minimal waste.
How Does SERVPRO Remediate My Flood Damage in Redwood City?
Our technicians are local to the Redwood City area and are available to help you twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year. Often, within four hours of your call, we are on-site and ready to get to work. Once at your home, our experts:
• Evaluate your home’s flood damage
• Establish drying goals
• Extract floodwaters using pumps and extractors
• Eliminate harmful bacteria and fungi with professional-grade disinfectants and fungicides
• Scientifically dry your residence’s interiors until the drying goal is achieved
• Thoroughly deodorize your home with deodorants
Once our work is complete, your home often looks like it never even experienced flood damage. Additionally, because of our expert work, it is unlikely to be affected by future issues related to the flooding.
Is There a Way to Avoid Flood Damage in the Future?
There are a few proven ways you can limit your flood risks. Although nothing is 100% effective, or even close to it, these are some simple steps you can take to reduce your chances of being impacted by floods:
• Before leaving home, turn off your electric, gas, and water
• Trim or cut any tree limbs that could fall on your roof
• Repair any roof leaks
• Ensure your roof drainage system is clean and in good condition
• Seal any leaks in your foundation
• Cover all windows with plywood
If you follow these steps, your home is better protected against flood damage, and any incurred should be less severe.
Of course, like any other act of nature, floods can be quite unpredictable. Many factors determine when and where they occur and how severe they are. Sometimes they are triggered by heavy storm rains, while other times heavy rains only produce limited or no flooding. Other causes of flooding are high temperatures leading to rapid snowmelt, distant oceanic storms, earthquakes, and tsunamis. While it is certainly not possible to safeguard against all of these potential threats, you can protect your home from flooding related to seasonal changes and forecasted storms. If you take the suggested precautions, you better your odds of either avoiding flood damage entirely or at least escaping the worst of it.
With all that said, you cannot always escape the wrath of nature. So, if you are ever impacted by flooding, remember that there are companies that can help you overcome the associated setbacks. Research Redwood City area remediation companies, and if you ever need assistance, contact SERVPRO of Belmont / San Carlos at (650) 591-4137.
How Do I Remove Water from My Redwood Livingroom and Kitchen Floors?
We know how precious your home is, let SERVPRO help with your Redwood City home.
SERVPRO Restoration Specialists Remove Water from Your Redwood City Home
After a water leak in your Redwood City home, it is crucial to remove the excess standing water and moisture from the air right after you make sure you stop the leak at the source. If excess moisture is left unattended, severe secondary damage such as mold growth or damp sheetrock may occur.
What Types of Equipment Remove Water?
SERVPRO Technicians Use Appropriate Techniques with State-of-the-Art Equipment to Remove Water
Technicians use extraction equipment, air movers, and dehumidifiers for water removal in your Redwood City home. It is not enough to simply remove water with a shop vac since moisture can impact the humidity levels in the air, potentially causing further damage to your home.
What Does a Portable Extractor Do?
- Used for removing water from all types of flooring and upholstery when needed.
- Sometimes worn as a backpack, sometimes used as a floor rover.
- Heated option to allow for more effective cleaning.
- Pressure control allows for control over the agitation used to clean the surface.
- Vacuum system to suck up excess water.
- Waste Tank of up to approximately 12 gallons in larger units to hold dirty water.
Our IICRC specialists use a variety of equipment that best suits your situation. They may use portable extraction equipment in conjunction with truck-mounted equipment if there are more than two inches of standing water. Portable extractors can easily reach into places that larger equipment misses. After technicians remove the water, they use dehumidifying equipment to pull moisture out of the air and air movers to then blow warm air over impacted surfaces.
If you experience a leak, contact SERVPRO of Belmont / San Carlos 24/7 at (650) 591-4127. We're Faster To Any Size Disaster.
To find out more about Redwood City, click here.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned – a defensive cleaning program
Our defensive cleaning program gives your business a way forward by providing your employees and customers ongoing safety and assuredness.
Let us help you get back to business
As our communities re-open in Redwood City, we’re all moving back toward a new kind of normal. The expectations of visitors, customers, and employees who come into our establishments have evolved, and staying safe and well is a top concern. The global COVID-19 pandemic has changed what it means to be clean, and we’ve developed a program to help your business meet the new higher standard of clean that is now expected.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned is a defensive cleaning program we’re offering to businesses and commercial locations to address the current COVID-19 pandemic. This proactive viral pathogen cleaning program goes well beyond janitorial or carpet cleaning. By choosing Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you, your employees, your customers, and your community can rest assured that you’ve selected a higher cleaning standard – you are Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned.
Extensive training and specialized products
As the #1 choice in cleanup and restoration*, we stand on more than 50 years of experience and expertise to help your business become Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned. Beyond fire & water, SERVPRO professionals are trained and experienced in biohazard decontamination and chemical spills – always adhering to the cleaning and decontamination standards set by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local authorities.
From formulating and creating our proprietary cleaning products, like SERVPROXIDE, at our headquarters in Gallatin, TN, to taking the utmost care while disinfecting, we will ensure you and your business are set up to inspire consumer confidence as the economy continues to reopen.
3 C’s – Consult, Clean, and Certify
When the stakes are this high, you want a partner who has developed an industry leading, proprietary training program, cleaning solutions, and remediation processes over decades. We’ve cleaned up some of the most challenging biohazards imaginable. Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned reflects our unique experiences and capabilities. The program is grounded with our unique 3 C’s: Consult, Clean, and Certify.
- Consult – Every business is different, which is why you’ll be assigned a Cleaning Protocol Consultant who understands your business and will create a cleaning program to meet your specific needs. This program will be developed based on your business type, size of space, amount of high frequency touchpoints, foot traffic and congestion points.
- Clean – Based on your specific business needs, your location will undergo a thorough, deep clean, using exclusive cleaning products, according to protocols set forth by the CDC. Our employees have years of experience, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform. Cleanup procedures generally include cleaning of porous and non-porous surfaces, disinfecting of non-porous surfaces, cleaning and disinfecting of equipment, tools, and/or supplies used for cleanup process, and disposal of hazardous materials. In the event of a suspected or confirmed COVID-19 event, we will be there cleaning within 24 hours to ensure you get back to business as quickly as possible.
- Certify - Once your business location has been Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you will gain access to proprietary signage, digital emblems, and other collateral that communicates that you’ve selected a higher standard of clean available to help protect your employees and customers. And because we add the day, month, and year to that proprietary stamp of clean, your guests will know that not only did you choose Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, but that your location is being cleaned regularly at this standard.
Call today for a Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation
We’re Here to Help – 24 hours a day, seven days a week – until life is back to normal in the communities we all call home.
Call SERVPRO of Belmont / San Carlos today at (650) 591-4137 for your Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation.
* #1 Choice in cleanup & restoration based Commercial Attitude & Usage Tracking study. Polling 816 commercial business decision makers on first choice for future needs related to cleanup & restoration work. Study conducted by C&R Research: October 2019
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned means professionally trained SERVPRO franchises perform the requested cleaning, sanitizing and disinfection services according to proprietary SERVPRO protocols and recognized industry and CDC standards with EPA approved cleaning products to deliver a SERVPRO certified cleaning experience. Each SERVPRO franchise is independently owned and operated.
What is the Best Water Removal Process for San Francisco Bathrooms?
Looks like this homeowner needs a professional water restoration service. SERVPRO can restore your home, now matter the size or scope of the damage.
Eliminating Bathroom Water Damage from a San Francisco Home
While bathrooms are generally one of the most well-prepared areas when it comes to handling large amounts of water, there is a myriad of ways that water damage can still occur. Loose seals on resin shower installations, saturated porous wall surfaces, plumbing concerns, and saturated flooring that soaks subflooring underneath can all quickly grow from being a nuisance needing repair to a costly issue in your home.
If your San Francisco property requires cleanup after bathroom water damage, SERVPRO technicians are a call away from providing emergency response services. SERVPRO's sophisticated moisture measurement tools, extraction and drying equipment, EPA-registered antimicrobials, and rebuilding services can give you more cleanup and restoration for less than you might get when using several different vendors for your needs. Your local SERVPRO is also a licensed general contracting service in case you need more expanded reconstruction for your home (license #937457).
Choosing Water-Resistant Bathroom Surfaces
- Single-sheet plastic and acrylic. These surfaces are both cost-effective and extremely common as a result. Both are very easy to install on your own. Acrylic is well-suited for tub surrounds.
- Laminate and paint.Laminate offers lots of leeway in terms of appearance and installation choices, as you can buy both tiles and single-sheet installations. If you plan to paint your bathroom, use oil-based waterproof coating paint.
- Tiles, constructed from a variety of materials, are the perfect blend of elegance and flexibility. Homeowners can even get pattern sheets to make installation even easier.
- Glass and stone.These natural materials make a bold statement in any bathroom, but can be more challenging to install. However, if you want to achieve a specific look, these materials can last a long time with the right care.
SERVPRO Dries Moisture Fast
When drying water-damaged bathroom walls, it is crucial to ensure that air movers and dehumidifiers are perfectly balanced to keep drying fast while eliminating the risk of secondary water damage. In more open bathroom layouts, technicians can erect 6mm polyethylene drying chambers to contain affected areas and accelerate drying.
SERVPRO of Belmont / San Carlos leaves your home and its contents looking, "Like it never even happened." When you need fast, reliable mitigation services, you can call (650) 591-4137.
More about San Francisco.
How Can I Get My San Francisco Home Smelling Normal After a Fire?
It doesn't matter what room in your home was affected by fire damage. Team SERVPRO is standing by 24/7 ready to remediate the damage. Call right away.
Our Professionals Have Many Long-Term Solutions for Neutralizing Odors in Your Home.
While multiple areas require attention and focus after a fire loss in your San Francisco residence, one of the most considerable hindrances to comfortable living is often lingering odors. Addressing harsh smells that result from burning and smoke can require the use of numerous tools, products, and approaches.
Fire odor and smoke removal for San Francisco properties involve a balance between the industry-leading tools available to our SERVPRO team and the experienced technicians of our roster. Continued education and extensive training from firms like the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) have allowed our Odor Control Technicians (OCT) and Fire & Smoke Restoration Technicians (FSRT) to be confident and knowledgeable with every post-fire response we provide.
Is It Possible to Reduce Odors Before Deodorization?
A reduction in the severity of fire odors is not impossible, but it is often a process that homeowners cannot complete on their own. Instead of waiting around in a potentially hazardous environment for ways that you can make the restoration process more efficient, it is often safer and faster to allow our team to complete some of these pre-emptive strategies for reducing the concentration of harsh odors.
Debris is one of the very first obstacles that our responding SERVPRO team must address. Heaps of charred remnants of your contents and structural materials can amplify the severity of lingering odors in the house. Discarding this rubbish can reduce the strength of these odors.
Much like debris removal, many decisions must get made about materials that are still installed throughout the house. Damaged drywall, ceiling materials, and flooring can all become too compromised to leave where they are. Controlled demolition can remove only the irreparable portions of materials, making reinstallation and reconstruction faster.
Cleaning up soiled surfaces and areas where soot might be present can also be a way to reduce the severity of noxious scents in the damaged areas of your home. With potent chemical agents that can work to emulsify oils on the surfaces, we can also wash away thick surface residues that can hold odors.
What Equipment is Best for Odor Removal?
Numerous tools and machines can help to address lingering odors in a San Francisco house after a fire loss incident. While many of these are ideal for very specific scenarios, we have three common types used that can address the majority of penetrating odors in a structure and its contents. These include:
Foggers are one of the most widely used units, though they might not always generate fog. Some of the machines in our inventory create a gaseous vapor from deodorizing compounds among our products that can penetrate the pores of affected structural materials and contents throughout the damaged areas. The lightweight unit is among the most versatile and mobile of our entire deodorization inventory.
Using the same natural environmental cleaning practices in our atmosphere, harnessing the power of a chemical reaction between water droplets and the UV spectrum, hydroxyl generators can clean the damaged environment in multiple ways and work to neutralize odors in the process.
While it is not safe for use in the immediate proximity of humans and pets, ozone generators are among the soundest approaches to odor removal that exist. From the ozone chamber in our SERVPRO warehouse for damaged contents to in-house ozone units, we can utilize the splitting of oxygen molecules to neutralize present odors in your house after a fire.
What Happens to Smoke-Damaged Contents?
While there are many immediate concerns after a fire loss incident, what happens to your belongings and treasured possessions sit at the top of the list. We have content management specialists dedicated to identifying the best approach for your items based on the severity of the damage, their location, and the specific processes needed to restore them fully. Removing odors from your possessions usually involves one of three potential approaches, including:
- On-Site Cleaning
- In-House Deodorization
- Off-Site Recovery
Are DIY Odor Removal Tactics Similar to Professional Methods?
Many of the practices utilized by homeowners after a fire loss to address lingering odors does little to the odor itself. Masking a scent might resolve the issue temporarily, but it is a situation that you continue to face again and again. Our methods involve the removal and neutralization of trapped and open-air odors permanently.
Odors can be one of the most substantial hurdles that exist to provide a comfortable living space for occupants in a home after a fire. Our SERVPRO of Belmont / San Carlos team can help. Give us a call today at (650) 591-4137.