What is the Fastest, Most Effective Way to Remediate Flood Damage in Redwood City?
The Best Means of Handling Flood Damage, if You Are Unable to Prevent It, is to Enlist the Aid of Good Remediation Experts.
Although Redwood City is sunnier than many other American cities, it does experience a distinct rainy season. This season generally occurs over the winter months, between December and March, and is the time when flooding becomes much more likely. It is crucial to properly prepare for and quickly address any flood damage when it occurs because, not only does this often make dealing with the issue much easier, it generally reduces overall repair costs. Limiting repair expenses is essential in our area since material and service costs are usually well above national averages here. Instead of simply replacing everything, companies like SERVPRO first attempt to restore existing materials. This policy helps them quickly restore flood damage while limiting expenses.
What Makes SERVPRO One of the Best Flood Damage Mitigation and Restoration Companies in Redwood City?
Finding the best mitigation and remediation company to deal with your flood damage in Redwood City is essential. There are several reasons why SERVPRO is one of the most effective of these services in our region. Some of these reasons are:
• Our company is expertly managed by a CEO with over twenty years of industry experience and more than ten master certifications by the Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC).
• This franchise has operated for well over ten years, is one of the largest in the U.S., is IICRC-certified, and has received numerous glowing testimonials from pleased customers.
• We are one of a limited number of certified biohazard cleanup companies in California.
• Company technicians are specifically certified in water damage restoration and applied structural drying.
• Our large cleaning facility is centrally-located, allowing us to more quickly service both the San Francisco Peninsula and East Bay area.
• We have state-of-the-art equipment, like truck-mounted extractors, moisture sensors/meters, infrared cameras, thermohygrometers, dehumidifiers, injectidry systems, and advanced foggers, that can effectively remedy even the worst damage.
SERVPRO, with all of its extensive resources, is often the local service best able to successfully handle your flood damage. Moreover, we do our work efficiently, with minimal waste.
How Does SERVPRO Remediate My Flood Damage in Redwood City?
Our technicians are local to the Redwood City area and are available to help you twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year. Often, within four hours of your call, we are on-site and ready to get to work. Once at your home, our experts:
• Evaluate your home’s flood damage
• Establish drying goals
• Extract floodwaters using pumps and extractors
• Eliminate harmful bacteria and fungi with professional-grade disinfectants and fungicides
• Scientifically dry your residence’s interiors until the drying goal is achieved
• Thoroughly deodorize your home with deodorants
Once our work is complete, your home often looks like it never even experienced flood damage. Additionally, because of our expert work, it is unlikely to be affected by future issues related to the flooding.
Is There a Way to Avoid Flood Damage in the Future?
There are a few proven ways you can limit your flood risks. Although nothing is 100% effective, or even close to it, these are some simple steps you can take to reduce your chances of being impacted by floods:
• Before leaving home, turn off your electric, gas, and water
• Trim or cut any tree limbs that could fall on your roof
• Repair any roof leaks
• Ensure your roof drainage system is clean and in good condition
• Seal any leaks in your foundation
• Cover all windows with plywood
If you follow these steps, your home is better protected against flood damage, and any incurred should be less severe.
Of course, like any other act of nature, floods can be quite unpredictable. Many factors determine when and where they occur and how severe they are. Sometimes they are triggered by heavy storm rains, while other times heavy rains only produce limited or no flooding. Other causes of flooding are high temperatures leading to rapid snowmelt, distant oceanic storms, earthquakes, and tsunamis. While it is certainly not possible to safeguard against all of these potential threats, you can protect your home from flooding related to seasonal changes and forecasted storms. If you take the suggested precautions, you better your odds of either avoiding flood damage entirely or at least escaping the worst of it.
With all that said, you cannot always escape the wrath of nature. So, if you are ever impacted by flooding, remember that there are companies that can help you overcome the associated setbacks. Research Redwood City area remediation companies, and if you ever need assistance, contact SERVPRO of Belmont / San Carlos at (650) 591-4137.