Who Can I Call to Help with Flooding in My San Francisco Home?
SERVPRO Expertly Addresses Flood Damage from a Storm to Restore your San Francisco Home to Pre-Loss Condition
Whenever rainy, stormy weather makes its way throughout the San Francisco area, it can leave a certain level of damage behind. If your home is in a zone prone to flooding, you need to have a plan of action for cleanup should an emergency develop. SERVPRO is available whenever you need us to restore your home to preloss condition, which includes making sure that your structure is sound. We’re Faster To Any Size Disaster and have crews standing by for 24/7 emergency service.
Why Choose SERVPRO Over Another Restoration Company?
There are several reasons why we believe it is better to call on us for flood damage in San Francisco. This includes:
- We work diligently to complete your San Francisco flood damage project. Most of our crew members are certified in safety and health as well as applied structural drying, odor control, water damage restoration, and applied microbial remediation.
- SERVPRO technicians have received certification through the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC), so you can count on us to complete the job correctly the first time, every time.
- We have a disaster recovery team available to address a significant flood loss event on your property.
- Our Green Fleet comes with vehicles equipped with the latest technology and equipment to handle any size job.
- A sampling of the tools that we bring to each flood damage project includes wet vacuums, submersible pumps, extractors, thermos hygrometers, moisture sensors, and moisture meters. We have a variety of dehumidifiers, centrifugal air movers, high-tech foggers, disinfectants, powerful fungicides, and more.
Our talented workforce and access to the best industry equipment make us the number one choice when a storm leaves you with flooding. The quick and precise way we respond to a flood loss situation can save you both time and money.
What Happens Once I Call SERVPRO for Flood Restoration?
We have a proven process involving several steps to address flood loss. Once we arrive on the scene, we inspect the loss zone to assess the damage and formulate a plan of action. This allows the team to select the right equipment and how many units we need to perform the most efficient water removal and drying endeavors. Our crew chief also inspects your building to ensure your structure is sound and pinpoints any areas where water may have migrated. We are experts in the field of water disposal, home interior drying, microorganism elimination, and sanitation. The steps generally followed when handling flood loss includes:
- Determination of the level of water damage in your home
- If necessary, securing your home to prevent further damage or intrusion from trespassers
- Removal of all standing floodwater
- Careful removal of debris, fallen trees, and any hazardous waste the storm left behind on your property
- Dry the interior of your home until it reaches our drying standards
- Utilization of EPA-registered fungicides and disinfectants that inhibit microorganism growth
- Full disinfection and sanitation, which helps to remove any unwanted foul odors from floodwaters
All of these actions help to restore your interior to preloss condition so that it is “Like it never even happened.”
Is Safety an Issue During Restoration?
Floodwaters often bring contamination, so we have a list of safety measures, including:
- Our team wears personal protection equipment (PPE)
- We ensure electricity gets shut off to any affected areas of your home
- Our crew ensures that the flood zone is closed off from the remainder of your home
- We remain mindful of any potential hazards, including damaged structural elements
- Repair of any penetration points to help lessen water migration
How Do You Handle Saturated Areas of My Home?
Flooding is a severe issue if not addressed promptly, so our team has access to a broad range of water extraction equipment. We get to work using high-powered pumps and truck-mounted extractors that not only pull up hundreds to thousands of gallons of water but also floodwater containing debris.
What Happens if I Wait Too Long to Call for Restoration Help?
The longer that you wait once water infiltrates your home, the more damage takes hold. Some common issues homeowners see after a flood loss event include:
- The loss of carpeting and carpet padding below due to full saturation with contaminated flood water
- Sheetrock that is damaged from water wicking, calling for controlled demolition with flood cuts or complete replacement
- Tile flooring can fully delaminate in the water loss zone
- Hardwood flooring that buckles and warps
With any flood damage project, sanitation and deodorization are critical. You can count on SERVPRO of Belmont/San Carlos to ensure your interior is clean and safe from contaminants. Call us 24/7 for emergency service at (650) 591-4137, and we deploy a crew as quickly as possible.