Who Can Help with My Flooded San Francisco Garden Level Living and Storage Areas?
Fast Water Removal and Structural Drying Are SERVPRO Specialties, Responsive to Flood Damage in Residential Walk-Out Lower Levels
Housing in San Francisco often features walkouts to backyard gardens or front door courtyards. We make the most of the footprint of our homes, building up while also inviting the outdoors inside on the street-level. This construction style can protect upper levels from storm-related flooding but exposes utility and storage areas, family rooms, and additional sleeping areas to storm damage risks.
What Should I Do While Waiting for Help?
When heavy rains cause water to rise inside your San Francisco home, flood damage causes safety risks as well as damage to structures. Appliances located on the lowest level can short out electronics and rust their metal components. You must shut down circuit breakers in flooded areas. Check storage, including tuck-under garages, to raise boxes, tools, and more above the flood line. Keep refrigerators or freezers closed until help arrives to seal out water and avoid spoilage. Remove piles of laundry and throw rugs.
What Are the Work Crew’s Focuses?
When the SERVPRO team arrives, we have three primary concerns. Our crew chief first inspects your space to manage safety issues and then devise a plan. As soon as the area is determined safe to enter, our employees follow up with the final two broad goals:
Aggressive Water Extraction and Disposal
- Placement of submersible pumps for water deeper than two inches
- Employment of truck-mounted extractors for the bulk of the remaining standing water
- Use of portable extractors for confined spaces holding water
- Containment of the water extracted and disposal according to local regulation
- Moisture detection and metering to gather baseline data for drying goals (including measurement of moisture levels in “dry” areas of the home for comparison)
- Calculation of the positioning and number needed of drying equipment for efficacious drying based on flood damage restoration best practices
- Drying structural components and fixtures, with periodic monitoring, using:
- Air movers
The fast response and professionalism of SERVPRO of Belmont / San Carlos deliver successful flood damage restoration results. Call us at (650) 591-4137 to schedule a speedy assessment and implementation of a workable recovery plan.
Want to see more about San Francisco?